Pregnancy is a very special and unique time, the beginning of a major life change and journey to becoming a mother. Yoga helps moms-to-be embrace this journey and focus on your body and baby in a deeper way.
Studies have suggested that prenatal yoga can:
- Reduce anxiety and stress and promote better sleep.
- Increase the strength, flexibility and endurance of the muscles and joints needed for childbirth.
- Improve posture and help ease back problems that are common during pregnancy.
- Expel toxins from the body and improve digestion.
- Regulate blood pressure and sugar levels in the body.
- Regulate hormones and emotions, reducing mood swings, nausea and morning sickness.
- Improve blood circulation and reduce problems of water retention and edema.
- Promote the connection between moms-to-be and their babies.
- Classes offer moms-to-be a place to explore the changes in their bodies, free from expectations or pressures.
Private sessions also available for those who would like to be equipped with the knowledge and confidence to be able to attend regular yoga classes, making appropriate modifications for your pregnancy.
Alice Bentley, Owner and Director
Alice Bentley, RYT500, has been practicing yoga for 15 years, seriously since her pregnancy with her first child in 2004. On her move to the US from England in 2010 she joined the YogaLife Institute teacher training 200 hour program, with the idea that she wanted "to get better at yoga", what she experienced was life changing and has helped her manage a big transition into a new country and cope with her stressors more effectively. "Yoga helps me be a better mother, wife, daughter and friend, it is my stabilizing force and makes me a nicer person!" Since then she has completed her 200 hour training, 300 hour comprehensive yoga therapy training and 500 hour teacher training and enjoys sharing yoga's transformative power with others. She is passionate about how yoga can help women during pregnancy and motherhood and how yoga can promote healthy weight loss.