Private Yoga Therapy
"Yoga seeks to enhance our strengths and root out the unhealthy thought patterns that are at the foundation of stress and suffering. Ultimately, we discover what it is to be balanced in our own unique way. We will most likely always have challenges before us, and Yoga gives us the tools to not only face such difficulties, but come through them having gained valuable lessons, greater Self awareness, peace, and excitement about our purpose in life." ~ Julie Rost, YogaLife Institute
What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga Therapy takes many forms, including discussion of thoughts and emotions and how to better manage perceptions of stress, to spiritual wisdom in Yoga Philosophy and lifestyle, to breathing, poses, relaxation, and meditation practices to bring wholeness and wellness to our Being. I personalize sessions based on people's needs, and so at times there is more talking, and at times more practice. I typically work with people over time to create a personalized practice they can do at home, or throughout the day in 5 minute practices, in order to bring this work into their lives (relationships, work, spiritual growth). We can work together for as long as you need.
Perhaps the best way to start is to schedule a 30 minute phone "mentor meeting" and I can hear more about your story, and what you are looking for, and we can then decide on in-person or virtual, length and frequency. It is very unique to the individual and can change as needed too! I am seeing people in person at this time, and abiding by NH COVID guidelines, which allows removing masks once on our yoga mats, 6 feet apart. I am also working with people virtually, whether phone or Zoom video.
Conditions Supported by Yoga Therapy Practices
• Pain Management and Injuries
• Insomnia and Other Sleep Disorders
• Weight Loss
• Eating Disorders
• Digestive Disorders
• Energy Imbalances
• Asthma and Other Respiratory Ailments
• Heart Disease
• Concentration & Productivity
• Stress Management
• Depression, Anxiety Support
• Relationship Difficulties
• Grief & Loss
• Cancer (Acceptance)
• Addiction & Recovery
• Phobic reactions
• Body image issues
• Trauma/Post-traumatic stress
• Spiritual crisis
• Lack of focus
• Lack of direction
• Lack of effective coping skills
Each session will take approximately One hour.
Choose Yoga Therapy if:
- You are interested in a personalized Yoga practice created to meet your mind-body-soul needs. This practice will include any of the following, as needed: conversation about yoga philosophy and spirituality, yoga postures, breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation practices.
- A personalized yoga practice is recorded during your 4th session for you to do on your own at home.
- If you would like a consultation prior to determining if Yoga Therapy is the right choice for you, please purchase a 30 minute phone session
- Appointments available Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am-12pm and 2:30-4:30pm
Cost: 4 Sessions $440 ($110/session)
To pay through Paypal:
Julie Rost, e-RYT500, C-IAYT, founded the YogaLife Institute of NH in 2006. Her undergraduate degree in Psychologyincluded research based in the healing benefit of Yoga for Adolescents. Years of working in women’s reproductive health led to a three year service as Peace Corps Volunteer in Malawi, Africa, where her experience with villagedoctors of traditional medicine catapulted her interest in studying the holistic and naturalapproaches of the Yoga lifestyle. She received her Classical Yoga and Yoga Therapy training from the YogaLife Institute in Devon, PA.Julie is the Owner and Spiritual Director of the YogaLife Institute of NH, teaching in its 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program, Yoga Philosophy 101 and 201 programs. Julie currently offers Private Yoga Therapy and Personal Mentoring sessions (by phone).