Are you . . .
A Yoga Teacher interested in joining a community of learning and support?
Or ready to refresh and inspire your understanding of Yoga Philosophy and the Yoga lifestyle?
Seeking Continuing Education Units through the Yoga Alliance?
Or looking for inspiration for your weekly yoga classes or personal practice?
A Yoga student or a Holistic Health Professional who has completed our Yoga Philosophy 101 course, and seek to continue a more advanced study of Yoga Philosophy?
If so, Join us!
- Ongoing Enrollment: You may join this program any month. The curriculum is not linear but covers a year of Yoga Philosophy topics. Each seminar stands on its own, but taking a year of programming will provide a well-rounded exposure to Yoga Philosophy and its practices.
- Drop-in: $65 per seminar. Make payment via paypal on website prior to attendance, or bring check/cash with you. These are non-refundable and will expire after one year. Because this attendance option is flexible, Julie would appreciate knowing in advance when you plan to attend.
- 3 pack--Seasonal = $180 for three seminars used any time. These are non-refundable and will expire after one year. You may purchase another pack at any time. Because this attendance option is flexible, Julie would appreciate knowing in advance when you plan to attend.
- Yearly commitment: $55/seminar, auto-withdrawal through paypal.
- After connecting with Julie, she will e-mail Guidelines for Participation, which need to be read prior to attendance.
- and a Book List, which provides optional reading to support your journey. Some books can be purchased at the yoga studio, and all can be found online.
- When you attend, you will need to complete a Student Waiver Form.
Yoga Philosophy offers guidelines for living that promote physical health, energetic vitality, emotional balance, personal integrity, optimism, acceptance, wisdom and spiritual fulfillment. The therapeutic benefits of Yoga extend into our relationship with ourselves (positive self image, discipline and self care), our capacity for loving relationships with others (open heart and healthy boundaries), our work in the world (mindfulness in action and right Intention), our capacity to master our mind (witness perspective, choice, manifesting), and to our understanding and experience of our Higher Self (essence, connection, one-ness, experience beyond words).
Presentation of material will assume a proficiency in the basics of Yoga Philosophy, including Classical texts such as the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads, as well as familiarity with the Eight Fold Path of Yoga. Modern texts will also be incorporated as appropriate. (If you are a beginner to Yoga Philosophy, our Yoga Philosophy 101 program may be a better fit).
A personal home practice is highly encouraged and will be supported by this program. Group conversation will focus on deepening our understanding and living of the Yogic wisdom, and provide an opportunity to hone our ability to practice as well as share or teach. Philosophical concepts will be embodied and integrated into various practices, including Relaxation, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Meditation, Mudras, Chakras, Affirmation, Visualization, Mantra, and Chanting.
The program includes a monthly 2 hour seminar, from 10:30am-12:30pm, on the first Sunday of the month. While we will not be focusing on the teaching or alignment of yoga postures, the seminar does include 5-10 minutes of self guided yoga practice in order to encourage the development of a home practice, as well as learn how to integrate intentions and themes into physical asana. No specific ability or fitness is required, and chairs/bolsters/blankets are available as needed. Bring a journal and pen, and wear comfortable clothing in layers appropriate for varying temperatures and gentle movement.
2020 Program Schedule:
10:30-12:30pm, on the first Sunday of the month
January 5, February 2, March 8, April 5, May 3, June 7, July 12, August 2 , September 13, October 4, November 8 and December 13
To purchase via the website, please choose your option below:
Drop-in: $65 per seminar. Make payment via paypal on website prior to attendance, or bring check/cash with you. These are non-refundable and will expire after one year. Because this attendance option is flexible, Julie would appreciate knowing in advance when you plan to attend,