Are you . . .
A Yoga Teacher interested in joining a community of learning and support?
Or ready to refresh and inspire your understanding of Yoga Philosophy and the Yoga lifestyle?
Seeking Continuing Education Units through the Yoga Alliance?
Or looking for inspiration for your weekly yoga classes or personal practice?
A Yoga student or a Holistic Health Professional who has completed our Yoga Philosophy 101 course, and seek to continue a more advanced study of Yoga Philosophy?
If so, Join us!
- Ongoing Enrollment: You may join this program any month. The curriculum is not linear but covers a year of Yoga Philosophy topics. Each seminar stands on its own, but taking a year of programming will provide a well-rounded exposure to Yoga Philosophy and its practices.
- Drop-in: $65 per seminar. Make payment via paypal on website prior to attendance, or bring check/cash with you. These are non-refundable and will expire after one year. Because this attendance option is flexible, Julie would appreciate knowing in advance when you plan to attend.
- 3 pack--Seasonal = $180 for three seminars used any time. These are non-refundable and will expire after one year. You may purchase another pack at any time. Because this attendance option is flexible, Julie would appreciate knowing in advance when you plan to attend.
- Yearly commitment: $55/seminar, auto-withdrawal through paypal.
- After connecting with Julie, she will e-mail Guidelines for Participation, which need to be read prior to attendance.
- and a Book List, which provides optional reading to support your journey. Some books can be purchased at the yoga studio, and all can be found online.
- When you attend, you will need to complete a Student Waiver Form.
Yoga Philosophy offers guidelines for living that promote physical health, energetic vitality, emotional balance, personal integrity, optimism, acceptance, wisdom and spiritual fulfillment. The therapeutic benefits of Yoga extend into our relationship with ourselves (positive self image, discipline and self care), our capacity for loving relationships with others (open heart and healthy boundaries), our work in the world (mindfulness in action and right Intention), our capacity to master our mind (witness perspective, choice, manifesting), and to our understanding and experience of our Higher Self (essence, connection, one-ness, experience beyond words).
Presentation of material will assume a proficiency in the basics of Yoga Philosophy, including Classical texts such as the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads, as well as familiarity with the Eight Fold Path of Yoga. Modern texts will also be incorporated as appropriate. (If you are a beginner to Yoga Philosophy, our Yoga Philosophy 101 program may be a better fit).
A personal home practice is highly encouraged and will be supported by this program. Group conversation will focus on deepening our understanding and living of the Yogic wisdom, and provide an opportunity to hone our ability to practice as well as share or teach. Philosophical concepts will be embodied and integrated into various practices, including Relaxation, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Meditation, Mudras, Chakras, Affirmation, Visualization, Mantra, and Chanting.
Currently, our Philosophy courses are being offered virtually through Zoom. You will receive 75-100 minutes of video prior to the scheduled meeting that will include the topic of the month, as well as practices that correspond with the topic (Yoga pose practice, pranayama, meditation, and relaxation). On the course date you will receive an invitation to a Zoom gathering for a one hour discussion. This has been an enriching experience for our participants during these unprecedented times. Two of our participants expressed, "Julie, I so enjoyed the call and conversation and the richness of the material this month. There is so much wisdom! I think you led the discussion beautifully and you created lots of space for contemplation and growth. " Jen C. and "There is so much wisdom in your videos. They provide a way for me to go back, re-watch, and learn new things. Things that I didn’t hear, understand, or now that I’ve grown and changed, have new meanings. I hope you continue to offer this! " Tom H.When the time is right, and we can gather again at the studio, the program includes a monthly 2 hour seminar, from 10:30am-12:30pm, on Sundays, please see seminar dates below. While we will not be focusing on the teaching or alignment of yoga postures, the seminar does include 5-10 minutes of self guided yoga practice in order to encourage the development of a home practice, as well as learn how to integrate intentions and themes into physical asana. No specific ability or fitness is required, and chairs/bolsters/blankets are available as needed. Bring a journal and pen, and wear comfortable clothing in layers appropriate for varying temperatures and gentle movement.
- Saturday, December 12; Sunday, December 13; or Thursday, December 17
- Saturday, January 23; Sunday, January 24; or Thursday, January 28
- Saturday, February 20; Sunday, February 21; or Thursday, February 25
- Thursday, March 25; Saturday, March 17; or Sunday, March 28
- Saturday, April 17; Sunday, April 18; or Thursday, April 22
- Saturday, May 15; Sunday, May 16; or Thursday, May 20
To purchase via the website, please choose your option below:
$55/seminar, 12 month auto-withdrawal through paypal.
3 PACK - SEASONAL:
$180 for three seminars used any time. These are non-refundable and will expire after one year. You may purchase another pack at any time. Because this attendance option is flexible, Julie would appreciate knowing in advance when you plan to attend.
$65 per seminar. Make payment via paypal on website prior to attendance, or bring check/cash with you. These are non-refundable and will expire after one year. Because this attendance option is flexible, Julie would appreciate knowing in advance when you plan to attend,