Yoga Philosophy 101
There is no prerequisite for this course, and no yoga experience required. All are welcome!
This one-year program is for anyone interested in learning more about Yoga philosophy and how to incorporate it into their lives through Self awareness, positive thinking, healthy living, stress management, personal growth and empowerment. It offers a deep introduction into Yoga philosophy along with practical techniques in breathing, relaxation and meditation. Traditional yogic texts, including the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads, will be explored along with appropriate modern texts. YogaLife emphasizes the “living of Yoga” and thereby brings personal transformation to those who are ready and willing.
Current participants include:
- Individuals looking to support their health and well-being, and perhaps are amidst a transition or stressful time of life.
- Beginner yoga students interested in learning more about the ancient wisdom of Yoga philosophy.
- Experienced yoga students who have not had exposure to Yoga Philosophy in their asana classes; or who seek more experience with breathing, relaxation and meditation practices.
- Yoga teachers who completed a 200 hour Teacher Training program but would like more personal understanding and integration of Yoga philosophy and Yoga practices outside of asana.
- Current teachers who seek a “refresher course” or inspiration for teaching their weekly classes. Philosophy themes will be shared via classroom discussion, and then embodied or integrated through the yoga practices.
- Holistic health care professionals who seek to bring the Philosophy, Psychology and therapeutic benefits of Yoga to their clients and groups
No prior experience with Yoga is needed. Wear comfortable clothing for movement, bring a journal and pen, and wear clothing layers appropriate for varying temperatures. Join any month to begin your 12 month program!
$45/month (autowithdrawal - plus required books)